An itty bitty game engine.
Trial available on Steam also.
Bitty Engine is a cross-platform itty bitty Game Engine and open-source Framework. The full featured engine is programmable in Lua and integrated with built-in editors. It keeps the nature of both engine's productivity, and fantasy computer/console's ease to iterate. It boosts your commercial/non-commercial projects, prototypes, game jams, or just thought experiments.
It is supposed to be your ultimate 2D game creating software.
Bitty Engine offers a set of orthogonal features that makes game development comfortable and enjoyable.
- Programmable in Lua, an easy to learn and widely used programming language
- Debugger with scope inspector, breakpoint support and stepping
- Easy to use API for resources, graphics, input, audio, and more other facilities
- Built-in libraries for File, File System, Archive, JSON, Network, etc.
- Various example projects
- Handy tools for editing sprite, map, image, text, JSON, etc.
- Project can be exported into standalone binary
- Display: configurable resolution
- Code: Lua, supports multiple source files
- Image: either true-color (PNG, JPG, BMP, TGA) or paletted, up to 1024x1024 pixels per file
- Palette: 256 colors with transparency support
- Sprite: up to 1024x1024 pixels per frame, up to 1024 frames per sprite
- Map: up to 4096x4096 tiles per page
- Font: supports Bitmap and TrueType
- Audio: 1 BGM channel, 4 SFX channels; supports MP3, OGG, WAV, etc.
- Gamepad: 6 buttons for each pad (D-Pad + A/B), up to 2 players
- Keyboard and mouse: supported
Bitty Engine helps you to make standalone binaries for Windows, MacOS, Linux and HTML (WebAssembly). It is redistributable for both non-commercial and commercial use without extra fee, your project is totally yours.
Put an image at "../icon.png" relative to executable to customize the icon dynamically. Put an image at "../splash.png" as well to customize the splash; the image could be transparent.
You can also customize redistributable binary by compiling from source.
Get the trial version from Steam also to try out language, libraries, editors, pipelines, etc.
|OS||Windows 7 or later (32/64bit), MacOS 10.7 or later (64bit), Ubuntu 14 or later (32/64bit)|
|Memory||512 MB RAM|
|Storage||150 MB available space|